Mutiny on the Krusty (Episode)
|Mutiny on the Krusty|
|Airdate:||October 8, 2016|
|Previous Episode:||Salsa Imbecilicus|
|Next Episode:||The Whole Tooth|
|SpongeBob SquarePants||Tom Kenny|
|Mr. Krabs||Clancy Brown|
|Squidward Tentacles||Rodger Bumpass|
Mutiny on the Krusty is an episode from Season 9.
A rip current is hitting Bikini Bottom and everyone is making preparations. Mr. Krabs, who appears to be in a cranky mood, goes to the Krusty Krab and his workers ask if the storm will hit the restaurant. But Mr. Krabs doesn't believe that anyone is in danger and orders them to get to work. The customers ask him if they could go home, but he announces that no one is leaving until they spend all of their money in the restaurant. Buddy calls Mr. Krabs a tyrant, which results in him berating and belittling everyone in the restaurant. SpongeBob wonders why Mr. Krabs is in such a sour mood, with Squidward pointing out that the reason is most likely out of pettiness to the fact that it is "pay day," the day in which he actually must pay his employees. Mr. Krabs then announces that he is the captain of the restaurant and everyone has to do what he says or else.
Suddenly, a sunken ship gets its anchor attached to the roof and sends the restaurant hurdling into the rip current. But SpongeBob manages to safely steer the Krusty Krab and save the customers. As SpongeBob steers, Squidward announces that everything is under control. The customers praise him a hero and make him the new captain. Mr. Krabs is offended by this and the customers plan on getting revenge on him for their harsh treatment. SpongeBob stops the feud and lectures them about the good things Mr. Krabs did. The customers come to see that even though Mr. Krabs can be a tyrant, he is still a good person and eventually agree to go easy on him.
However, since there is no one to steer the restaurant, Mr. Krabs is sent flying outside. The customers blame Squidward for losing Mr. Krabs, when all of a sudden, the restaurant flies off course and lands in the middle of a forest. Everything seems safe for everyone and they start to discuss what they should do. However, a horrifying monster comes and starts attacking everyone. SpongeBob asks Squidward to protect the customers since he is the captain, but Squidward claims that he can't fight. The customers insist and take Squidward outside to fight the monster. But once they throw him out, he ends up getting eaten instead.
SpongeBob decides to fight the monster himself until Mr. Krabs unexpectedly arrived. SpongeBob and the customers beg Mr. Krabs to fight the monster, but he selfishly refuses and turns his back on them like a spoiled child. SpongeBob tells Mr. Krabs that if he doesn't save them, then he'll destroy his first dime. After many failed attempts, SpongeBob is about to do the worst thing he can do to his dime: spending it on candy. Mr. Krabs reluctantly agrees that he'll save the customers, but only if they promise to let him be the captain and spend all of their money in the restaurant. Mr. Krabs goes outside and defeats the monster, freeing Squidward in the process. SpongeBob rewards Mr. Krabs for his heroic efforts while Mr. Krabs rewards SpongeBob a pay day for not giving up on him. Squidward and the customers are then forced to pull the Krusty Krab back to Bikini Bottom while SpongeBob and Mr. Krabs sit on the roof.
- Oddly, Mr. Krabs' first dime is different in "Can You Spare a Dime?" as it appears to look more like a real dime, rather than a large metal oval.
- MY LEG: SpongeBob tries to cut Mr. Krabs' first dime with a blade.
- This episode reveals that Mr. Krabs has arthritis.
- This episode is revealed to take place on Pay Day.
- This is the second time Mr. Krabs was eaten by a monster. The first time was in "Frozen Face-Off."
- This is the third time SpongeBob has a lump on his head. The first was in "What Ever Happened to SpongeBob?," and the second was in "Salsa Imbecilicus."
- This is the fourth time a live action cow appears, the first was in "Atlantis SquarePantis," the second was in "Rodeo Daze," and the third was in "A SquarePants Family Vacation."
- Running Gag: Octavius Rex saying "Well, that was anti-climactic."
- This episode is very similar to the Season 3 episode "Clams." They even reference it.
- The scene where SpongeBob acts silly and orders food and Squidward slams the phone on his head is a parody of the scene in Clams where SpongeBob says "Well actually it's coral blue number...." before Squidward hits him with a bat.
- Mr. Krabs traps people in both episodes.
- He is grumpy in both episodes (both having to do with money).
- The Krusty Krab has a vending machine in this episode.
 International Airdates
- November 15, 2016 (Russia)
- November 23, 2016 (Israel)
- December 7, 2016 (Poland)
- December 8, 2016 (Germany & Norway)
- December 15, 2016 (Iberia)
- January 2, 2017 (Greece)
- January 7, 2017 (Latin America)
- March 21, 2017 (United Kingdom)
- April 8, 2017 (France)
- May 6, 2017 (Canada)
|← Season 8 Season 9 →Season 10|