The Great Snail Race (Episode)
|The Great Snail Race|
|Airdate:||January 24, 2003|
|Next Episode:||Mid-Life Crustacean|
|SpongeBob SquarePants||Tom Kenny|
|Patrick Star||Bill Fagerbakke|
|Squidward Tentacles||Rodger Bumpass|
The Great Snail Race is an episode from Season 3
- SpongeBob SquarePants
- Patrick Star
- Squidward Tentacles
- Snellie (debut)
- Gary the Snail
- Sandy Cheeks (2 cameos)
- Rocky (debut)
- Larry Luciano (debut)
- Officials and Crowd
When Squidward gets a purebred snail named Snellie and decides to enter it in The Great Snail Race, SpongeBob decides to do the same with Gary, and Patrick decides to do the same and entered Rocky, who is a rock. SpongeBob, however pushes Gary just a bit too far and claims that that he is in the best shape of his life. The race looked pretty obvious and you just knew who was going to win. But actually, Snellie did not win. When Gary exploded when he hit a wall, Snellie came back for Gary because they loved each other and they are both disqualified. Surprisingly, Rocky won the race. Patrick knows Squidward wanted to win the Snail Race so Patrick engraved the trophy to him with the name "Squidward Tortellini". Will he ever win?
- The mailman is humming the same tune as the start of the race just before he delivers the package to Squidward.
- The camera reveals Patrick was standing on Squidward's shoulders. However, Patrick's legs are not seen on Squidward's shoulders when he is seen in SpongeBob's window.
- The mailman mistakes Squidward's family name as "Tennisballs". Patrick mistakes it for "Tent Poles". Patrick had the trophy engraved to "Squidward Tortellini".
- The music played during the title card and while the band were playing was Now That We're Men from The SpongeBob SquarePants Movie without the lyrics. The font is Tartarsauce Erc.
- This is the episode where Kelp Powder was introduced. SpongeBob mixed it with nails and raw eggs for Gary to drink to make him stronger.
- In one shot, Squidward's snail is seen about 3 inches away from the finish line. Although, when the next shot on her is seen, she is behind the point she was in the first shot. Unless Squidward's snail decided to go back and go behind that point, this is a goof.
- How could a rock win a snail race?
- There is a book that comes along with this episode.
- The scene where the announcer is describing the race appears in the movie Cloverfield in an LCD TV.
- Larry Luciano is too old for the torch, but can they retire/replace him?
- Did the people let Patrick in or did Patrick sneak in? Because they wouldn't let Rocky in the race.
- In one shot, Gary crashed into a wall of tires. In the next one, he is by the wall, but the tires are gone. Then Gary magically appeared in the middle of the field.
- A snail race is a bit ironic because snails are slow and don't move all that fast.
|← Season 2 Season 3 Season 4 →|