The Krabby Kronicle (Episode)
|The Krabby Kronicle|
|Airdate:||8 August 2008|
|Previous Episode:||Boating Buddies|
|Next Episode:||The Slumber Party|
|SpongeBob SquarePants||Tom Kenny|
|Mr. Krabs||Clancy Brown|
"The Krabby Kronicle" is an episode from Season 6.
- Mr. Krabs
- Larry the Lobster
- Patrick Star
- Mrs. Puff
- Nat Peterson
- Billy (Teenager)
- Health Inspector Yellowtail
SpongeBob satisfies two more customers and Mr. Krabs advertises the restaurant in a newspaper. Then he sees that no new customers are at the Krusty Krab because no one read Krabs' ad. He finds out he chose the unpopular newspaper. After seeing how to get an ad on the newspaper saying 25 cents per word, he gets an idea by making his own newspaper called the Krabby Kronicle. SpongeBob is assigned to find the stories and publishes the first copy the next day which does not end up successful. Afterwards, the paper turns into a gossip paper that spreads blatant lies towards everyone which is ruining everyone's lives and this is how it begins. First SpongeBob sees Mrs. Puff's car next to a police car and he writes a story about a high-speed chase which forces Mrs. Puff out of business. Second, a fish punches Larry the Lobster but he doesn't get hurt. SpongeBob writes a story about Larry getting beaten up which costs him his membership in the gym. Third, SpongeBob writes a story about Plankton's chum made from other fish's chum which makes Plankton go out of business. And finally, he writes about Sandy being dumb which costs her her science awards. Then, SpongeBob realizes what he's just done. SpongeBob goes to talk to Mr. Krabs but it is unsuccessful. SpongeBob is not happy about the fact he is ruining everyone's lives but when Mr. Krabs asks for the wildest story ever, he decides to write something which can show Krabs how bad he's made everyone feel. But SpongeBob ends up making a story on Mr. Krabs overworking him and underpaying him revealing the truth about the paper. This causes the paper to go bankrupt and force Mr. Krabs to lose all the money he earned from the paper. Mr. Krabs then discovers that he can make copies of money with the machine he used to make the papers (similar to forging money) and Patrick appears with his new wife: a pole (which Krabs wrote to make the paper more interesting).
- When Patrick arrives with his pole wife, the street sign says "Conch Street", an obvious reference to the street they live on.
- This is one of the ten episodes in which the title card has an animation. The others are SB-129, Pre-Hibernation Week, One Krab's Trash, Idiot Box, SpongeBob Meets the Strangler, Skill Crane, Karate Island, All that Glitters, and The Donut of Shame.
- The first time Sandy is called violent.
- This episode is mostly similar to the Star Trek: Voyager episode "Author, Author" in which The Doctor (Robert Picardo) writes a holonovel which is sadly less than truthful. Both stories are similar and the story plots are similar.
- This may be based off the SpongeBob book "Stop the Presses".
- The Health Inspector from Nasty Patty returns in this episode.
- The Chum Bucket is open in the next appearance, but it was closed! Did they open it back up, even though it's highly doubtful?
- This is the first time Bikini Bottomites visit the Treedome. Bikini Bottomites also visit in Overbooked.
|← Season 5 Season 6 Season 7 →|
|114a||114b||115a||115b||116a||116b||117a||117b||118a||118b||119a||119b||120a||120b||121a||121b||122a||122b||123 + 124||125a||125b||126|