Jellyfish Hunter (Episode)
|Airdate:||28 September 2001|
|Previous Episode:||Artist Unknown|
|Next Episode:||The Fry Cook Games|
|SpongeBob SquarePants||Tom Kenny|
|Mr. Krabs||Clancy Brown|
- Mr. Krabs
- No Name a.k.a. Friend
- Other Jellyfishes
The episode opens up in Jellyfish Fields, where SpongeBob cheerfully catches a jellyfish (the twelfth one that day), which he names Twelvey. He then spots the blue jellyfish he has always tried to catch, No-Name. SpongeBob uses all the tactics he can to capture No-Name, however, he is unsuccessful again. Later, at the Krusty Krab, SpongeBob is on lunch break and is eating a Krabby Patty filled with Jellyfish Jelly. He gives a small sample to a Fred, who is so amazed at the taste that he gives a Jelly Patty to all the customers. When Mr. Krabs discovers this, he is shocked at SpongeBob altering the formula for the Krabby Patty. However, he quickly changes his mind when he finds out that Fred is attracting more customers to the restaurant and will allegedly eat there every day for the rest of his life. Mr. Krabs forces SpongeBob to catch more jellyfish, and eventually decreases the population of Jellyfish Fields down to only four living creatures. As SpongeBob is walking away from the fields after jellyfishing, he hears some buzzing.
He quickly heads home, and finds scary things happening, such as the lights going out and a faulty telephone connection. In the kitchen, SpongeBob discovers a Krabby Patty with blue jelly from No-Name. No-Name captures SpongeBob and leads him to a factory, and shows him that Mr. Krabs is painfully draining the jellyfish of all their jelly and holding them captive. The two breaks through the windows and SpongeBob threaten Mr. Krabs with a wrench. But instead, he fixes the squeaky bolts on the door. He then attempts to open the hatch and set the jellyfish free, but Mr. Krabs explains that the door only opens if he says "Open". He activates the hatch, and the jellyfish are free, getting revenge on Mr. Krabs with a nasty sting. Krabs decides that he is going to stick with the original Krabby Patties. SpongeBob decides that jellyfishing will remain a hobby to him. No-Name lands in SpongeBob's net, and decides to name him "Friend". The two have a handshake, but it ends up with Friend stinging SpongeBob's hand.
- Jellyfish Hunter won under letter "J" of the Atlantis SquarePantis SpongeBob Z-A marathon.
- When SpongeBob took out the jelly and you can see the Krabby Patty beside him, the patty was black. However, when he was eating it, the patty became regular again.
- When SpongeBob gives Fred jelly for his patty, his lettuce suddenly disappears.
- Fred's song "Hey All You People" is included on The Yellow Album, however it is not the same version by Doug Lawrence from this episode.
- The song Mr. Krabs is listening to while on his exercise bike is called "Give It All You've Got" from the Associated Production Music album, A Tribute to the 70s 1.
- Mr. Krabs mentions the door is voice-activated and only opens when he says "open". However, he says: "The door is voice activated and will only open when I say open!". Mr. Krabs said the word "open" two times, but why didn't the door open when he said "open" the first time and only opened when he said it again?
|← Season 1 Season 2 Season 3 →|