Pranks a Lot (Episode)
|Pranks a Lot|
|Airdate:||11 October 2004|
|Previous Episode:||SpongeBob Meets the Strangler|
|Next Episode:||Fear of a Krabby Patty|
|SpongeBob SquarePants||Tom Kenny|
|Patrick Star||Bill Fagerbakke|
|Squidward Tentacles||Rodger Bumpass|
|Sandy Cheeks||Carolyn Lawrence|
|Mr. Krabs||Clancy Brown|
"Pranks a Lot" is the last episode of Season 3.
SpongeBob and Patrick go to the Palace of Pranks in search of the ultimate prank, and Patrick meets Frank, the owner of the shop. When they try to buy a prank, he adveritses a box of exploding gum, a whoppe cushion, a fake dollar, and vomit (both fake and real). To their delight, the manager sells them a rare can of Invisible Spray for one dollar and tell them to make sure they don't get it on their clothes because it stains. Before they decide on their prank, Patrick remembers the fact that the paint they purchased from Frank stains clothes, and he and SpongeBob take their clothes off so they aren't stained with the invisible paint. They decide to spray a park bench and sit on it, but get in an argument over who gets to spray the bench. During the fight they end up spraying each other down until they are both completely invisible.
When they scare a passerbyer by asking him what the time was, but not showing themselves, SpongeBob and Patrick decide that since the man reacted in a fearful way, other's reactions would be similar. After terrifying Sandy, Squidward, Mrs. Puff, and all the other citiens, they decide to prank the only guy who hasn't been scared yet, Mr. Krabs. Later that night, they sneak into the Krusty Krab while Mr. Krabs, who is wearing anti-ghost armor, is insife and disarm him, then trap him inside the restaurant by gluing the doors shut, replacing the glass with rubber, and clogging all the toilets. When they try to make him pay by almost burning a dollar, Mr. Krabs throws a bucket's worth of water at them, causing the paint to wash off. Though embarrassed, Mr. Krabs comforts SpongeBob and Patrick by saying he forgives them and was fond of pulling pranks in his youth. But he embarrasses them in front of the entire Bikini Bottom by revealing their nudity as a harsh punishment.
- Mr. Krabs' line "I ain't afraid of no ghosts" is an obvious reference to the Ghostbusters theme song.
- When Sandy is frightened by the "ghosts", her escape pod breaks the Treedome. Sandy said the dome was made of polyurethane in Tea at the Treedome, rather than glass. Furthermore, water should have flooded the dome when it shattered. The dome is fixed in the next shot.
- SpongeBob and Patrick are not wearing water helmets when they are in Sandy's Treedome. Nevertheless, bubbles appear when Sandy removes their sheets.
- The Specter Deflector and Sandy's escape pod are also used on Danny Phantom (Specter Deflector was in Danny Phantom's episode Maternal Instincts) and The Fairly OddParents (the escape pod was in Fairly OddParents' episode Escape from Unwish Island), respectively. Both are also popular shows on Nickelodeon.
- The prank toys Frank offers to SpongeBob include the Joy Buzzer (Hand Buzzer), Exploding Chewing Gum, Fake Dollar, Whoopie Cushion, Fake Vomit, Real Vomit, and Invisible Spray.
- When Mr. Krabs is inside the Krusty Krab, the windows have blinds; in subsequent scenes the blinds are gone.
- When SpongeBob bought the Invisible Spray for $1, he gave a couple of dollars, but he did not obtain any change. This must mean that they don't give change away like The Krusty Krab.
- It is revealed that Patrick apparently likes seanut brittle.
- The title card is a reference to comic book ads full of pranks for sale in the mail.
- When SpongeBob reads the newspaper, the article is written nonsense.
- At the end, SpongeBob and Patrick are in the bathroom scaring Mr. Krabs, but when they come out, it seems like they came out of his office. They also said that they glued the door shut, so it is unknown how everybody could've gotten in.
- If the glass was replaced with rubber, Mr. Krabs easily could've escaped by cutting through the rubber. However, he probably didn't because his claws seem too "dull".
- This was the last episode to air before the The SpongeBob SquarePants Movie
- How can Sandy whistle using her teeth at the end of the episode when she had her helmet on?
- How could the surfwaves not affect SpongeBob and Patrick when Mr. Krabs was able to wash the paint off with a bucket of water?
- How did SpongeBob and Patrick have time to glue the door, replace the windows, and clog the toilets if they never went in there before, that day?
- Why didn't Mr. Krabs take the toilet paper out of the toilet then escape?
- This episode was originally going to end the series. But, this is the final episode before SpongeBob's voice changed, the contrast and color is brighter and with a advanced animation.
- If water washes off the invisible spray, why didn't they be back to normal while they scare people? All in all, the spray shouldn't even work!
- When SpongeBob and Patrick fight over the spray Patrick sprays SpongeBob's hand. He then exclaims "Righty!" But in Neptune's Spatula he says that he has two left hands.
- When Mr. Krabs is trying to ward off the "ghosts", SpongeBob/Patrick cut the string off of the Spector Deflector, the ball with the half string attached mysteriously floats in mid-air.
- From the time that Mr. Krabs washes the paint off of SpongeBob and Patrick to the time that they leave the bathroom, Patrick's belly button is missing.
- When SpongeBob sprayed at Patrick before the time card comes in, he says, "No guts, no glory," then laughs. Actually, he already sprayed his gut.
- Mr. Krabs
- Frank (Palace of Pranks owner)
- Mrs. Puff
- Guy and his driving eyeballs
- Bikini Bottomites
|← Season 2 Season 3 Season 4 →|