Bummer Jobs (Episode)
|July 9, 2021
|Late for Breakfast
- Patrick Star
- SpongeBob SquarePants
- Squidward Tentacles
- Cecil Star
- Bunny Star
- Squidina Star
- Slappy Laszlo
- Porpoise (debut)
- French Narrator
- Miss Shell
- Snapper (only appearance)
- Gills (only appearance)
Squidward holds a newspaper from a fishing line as he tries to get his paper money from Cecil. As he lifts back up, the coupons are all gone. As Cecil explains how he got "$6 worth of coupons" from a flying newspaper, he and Bunny say that they will be back soon. Patrick, realizing that meant that they left, asks them where they are going. After telling Patrick that a job gives him a purpose, Patrick decides that he wants to get a job. As he tells people that he is going to and get a porpoise, he tries tying a tie on himself. Squidina says that her purpose is producing The Patrick Show!, as Slappy looks amazed at the "3D" effects.
After walking down the street choking on his tie, SpongeBob meets up with Patrick, helps untie his tie, and tells him that he is looking for a job too, and after, Squidina holds a massive camera and says that the show is going mobile today. After being mistaken for a cereal box (having been mistaken for that earlier), SpongeBob decides that they should become bag boys, and Patrick shows his rash (which says they should become bag boys). After they do it wrong, they get fired and say that they completed a job, Patrick says that he did not find his porpoise, an actual porpoise shows up and says that it is pronounced "purpose." When they land, they land near an old lady's house and they tell her they will paint the fence. After some time, the old lady comes back to find her fence painted terribly, and found her house very different than before. After that they see a cab driver and decide to become cab drivers. After their job, they have lunch as they watch "Noir-sense." It starts with Fred on a stool and being claimed that he did something with his leg. Then he shouts "My leg!" After some time, they show him what they will do to his leg if he does not fess up. They will shave it, and twist it and Fred keeps saying "My leg" in different ways. As they are on the floor, Fred confesses and that he did it with his leg, and as he closes the door, he says "My leg" again as the show ends.
As Cecil gets back from work, Squidward tries to get the newspaper money from Cecil. After he notices SpongeBob and Patrick, he uses them to get his money. After some time, they finally get the money, and Squidward gets his pay, and SpongeBob and Patrick get their pay as he splits the coin in half, and Squidward puts the mail bag on his head. As Patrick and Squidina are back inside, Squidina asks Patrick if he ever found his purpose, and he tells Squidina that a job is hard work and his true purpose is making his show. Squidina unravels the porpoise, who then says bad word #11 and Squidina says that it is a family show as Patrick shows his rash, which has "THE END" written on it.
- This episode is Slappy's second appearance in the SpongeBob SquarePants franchise, with his first being in "SpongeBob's Big Birthday Blowout." It is also his first appearance in The Patrick Star Show.
- The porpoise says Bad Word #11 to Squidina towards the end of the episode, referencing "Sailor Mouth."
- Also, Squidina breaks the fourth wall by telling the porpoise that this is a family show.
- This is the first episode of The Patrick Star Show to have a time card.
- This is the first episode not to feature GrandPat.
- This episode marks the first appearance of SpongeBob SquarePants in The Patrick Star Show, as well as his first major role in the series.
- This is the first episode of The Patrick Star Show to contain a time card.
|The Patrick Star Show Season 1 Season 2 →