SpongeBob's Place (Episode)
|Airdate:||March 11, 2017|
|Previous Episode:||Krusty Katering|
|Next Episode:||Plankton Gets the Boot|
|SpongeBob SquarePants||Tom Kenny|
|Squidward Tentacles||Rodger Bumpass|
|Eugene H. Krabs||Clancy Brown|
SpongeBob's Place is an episode from Season 10.
- SpongeBob SquarePants
- Squidward Tentacles
- Mr. Krabs
- Gary the Snail
- Larry the Lobster (cameo)
- Bubble Bass (cameo)
- Don the Whale
- Nat Peterson
- Health Inspector Yellowtail (first name revealed)
- Mr. Fitz (rough storyboard)
At the Krusty Krab, the customers are all enjoying their Krabby Patties. One customer states he could die and go to heaven and kisses SpongeBob's feet, to the sponge's discomfort. Mr. Krabs tells Squidward that the customers love their Krabby Patties to which Squidward tells him that some people are calling it the "SpongeBob Patty." Mr. Krabs calls that ridiculous as it's always been the Krabby Patty, only for a customer to come up and order a "SpongeBob Patty." Squidward smugly tells Mr. Krabs that he should change the restaurant's name from the Krusty Krab to SpongeBob's Place. One of the customers hears him and states that that's a great idea. The other customers agree and they chant "SpongeBob's Place!." Mr. Krabs tries to get them to chant "Krusty Krab" but they ignore him. SpongeBob tries to give the chant some juice but this only makes the customers resume the chant of "SpongeBob's Place!." Squidward tells Mr. Krabs he'd be nothing without SpongeBob. Mr. Krabs asserts that it's not true as he's the one who created the Krabby Patty only for the the customers to carry SpongeBob by on a throne singing "Let's all go to SpongeBob's Place." This makes Mr. Krabs jealous of SpongeBob.
Later, Mr. Krabs tells SpongeBob that the Krusty Krab is haunted and needs ghost busting. SpongeBob agrees to stay away until the ghost busting is done. Squidward easily sees through Mr. Krabs' lie and quickly deduces the real reason for sending SpongeBob home which Mr. Krabs confirms by announcing he's going to be doing the cooking from now on. Meanwhile at SpongeBob's house, SpongeBob quickly gets bored and decides to make Krabby Patties at home. People smell the Patties and, after eating them, insist that he make more.
Meanwhile, at the Krusty Krab, Mr. Krabs is having no such luck. The customers keep sending back their Krabby Patties. Squidward tells him it's because they aren't as good as they used to be, to which Mr. Krabs retorts that it's the same formula. One of the customers look inside the kitchen and afterwards announces to the other customers that SpongeBob's not in the kitchen. This announcement makes the other customers angry to the point where they decide to leave. To keep them from leaving, Mr. Krabs dresses up like SpongeBob and the customers actually fall for the paper thin disguise. Unfortunately, his food is still poorly made to the point where it tastes disgusting. However, the customers say they like it for SpongeBob's sake. Not realizing that they're not being sincere, Mr. Krabs reveals himself and states that it's his food that they're "enjoying." This angers the customers to the point where they drop the act and flat out tell him they found his food disgusting and once again try to leave. Mr. Krabs tries to stop them by making a moat and filling it with molten lava, stating that anyone trying to leave will have to go through him. The customers use him as a drawbridge and leave. Squidward follows suit and Mr. Krabs gets burned by the lava.
When Squidward gets home, he finds a crowd eating Krabby Patties at SpongeBob's house, which has a sign that says "SpongeBob's Place" on it. This angers Squidward, so he decides to call the Health Inspector. Meanwhile in an ambulance, Mr. Krabs is having his burns tended to by paramedics. He gets out and looks around when he sees SpongeBob's home which has been converted into a full-fledged restaurant called SpongeBob's Place, which has made SpongeBob so rich he doesn't know what to do with all the money. He gives Mr. Krabs a Krabby Patty which Mr. Krabs tastes. The taste makes Mr. Krabs realize why everyone prefers SpongeBob's Krabby Patties over his, despite the fact they use the same formula. SpongeBob's food is delicious because he prepares his Krabby Patties with tender loving care and is in most ways an excellent cook while Mr. Krabs is in most ways a horrible cook and prepares his food with selfishness induced carelessness to the point where his Krabby Patties were poorly prepared and disgusting. Mr. Krabs tells SpongeBob he deserves his own place but SpongeBob tells him he needs a boss and Mr. Krabs happily obliges. However, the Health Inspector shuts them down so they go back to the Krusty Krab.
Just as everyone arrive, they hear someone singing inside. Mr. Krabs and SpongeBob peek inside and sees Squidward dancing and singing about how much he hates his job, Mr. Krabs, SpongeBob and the Bikini Bottomites. Mr. Krabs is outraged at Squidward's insults and gets very angry at him while the customers laugh. Afterwards, Mr. Krabs gives SpongeBob a very special surprise. He decides to share the name with his restaurant by adding "SpongeBob's Place" on the Krusty Krab sign, much to SpongeBob's delight.
- When SpongeBob is bored, some objects from older episodes are visible in the background:
- Magic Conch Shell ("Club SpongeBob")
- Soda Drinking Hat ("One Krabs Trash")
- Eels and Escalators ("Sailor Mouth")
- Glove Balloon ("Rock Bottom")
- Fish Hook ("Hooky")
- SpongeBob's Ukulele ("F.U.N.," "Smoothe Jazz at Bikini Bottom," "Hello Bikini Bottom!," and "The Camping Episode")
- This episode aired on the same day of the 2017 Kids Choice Awards.
- One of the customers at SpongeBob's Place is an octopus that looks like Squidward, except with a beak like real octopuses.
- This is the third episode in which SpongeBob starts his own restaurant, the first was in "Patty Hype" and the second was in "Free Samples."
- This episode most likely takes place after Pickles and Bulletin Board because in this episode, Bubble Bass no longer appears as a bully to SpongeBob.
- This episode reveals that Health Inspector Yellowtail's first name is Andy.
- When lava bubbles float across the screen, this is a variation of the bubble transitions.
- This is the second episode where the Krusty Krab moves to SpongeBob's house, the first time being in Banned in Bikini Bottom.
- Squidward mentions his abs during his song "I Hate People." This may be a reference to the rock hard abs he received in The SpongeBob Movie: Sponge Out of Water, which he kept towards the end of the movie.
- Squidward reminds Mr. Krabs that he's nothing without SpongeBob, a point proven in SpongeBob You're Fired.
 International Airdates
- March 19, 2017 (Israel)
- March 20, 2017 (Turkey)
- April 6, 2017 (Netherlands & Greece)
- April 9, 2017 (Russia)
- April 22, 2017 (France)
- April 30, 2017 (Poland)
- May 20, 2017 (Canada)
- July 12, 2017 (Germany)
- October 5, 2017 (United Kingdom)
|← Season 9 Season 10 Season 11 →|