Bikini Bottom's Great Snail Race
The Bikini Bottom Snail Race is a big event for Bikini Bottom. There seem to be many fans of the event. The competitors are Squidward, SpongeBob and Patrick. SpongeBob entered his snail Gary in the race because Squidward was bragging about winning the race and saying that Gary is a mutt. The race only appeared in The Great Snail Race.
- Squidward Tentacles (Snellie)
- SpongeBob SquarePants (Gary)
- Patrick Star (Rocky)
- Larry Luciano (formerly)
- Patrick Star
- Lightning Larry Luciano (first champion of the snail race)
 What Happened
SpongeBob and Patrick enter the race after Squidward brags that his snail is better than SpongeBob's. SpongeBob puts Gary on a strict diet, and makes him train all day and even night. The next day Gary is so tired and overwhelmed that when SpongeBob says Gary is in the best shape of his life, he coughs and wheezes. Then when the race starts Squidward's snail, Snellie takes the lead while Gary and Patrick's "snail" Rocky, are still on the start line. SpongeBob pushes Gary too hard and it leads Gary to crash into the wall and SpongeBob is disqualified. But Squidward is disqualified as well when Snellie turns around at the last second before the finish line turns around to comfort Gary leaving Patrick and "Rocky" to be the winners. Patrick then has the trophy engraved to "Squidward Tortellini" which is part of a running gag in the episode where every person mispronounces his name as names that are similar to his name.
- Patrick's rock Rocky winning the race is ironic since Rocks don't move.
- Patrick must have put Rocky at the finish line.
- Did the people let Patrick in, or did he sneak in? Nobody would let a rock in the race.
- Squidward's purebred, snail "Snellie" cost him $1700 and lost to a rock (Rocky)
- It remains unknown if it will appear in other episodes.