Rock-A-Bye Bivalve (Episode)
|Previous Episode:||Krab Borg|
|Next Episode:||Wet Painters|
"Rock-A-Bye-Bivalve" is an episode from Season 3.
- Junior (Young Clam)
- Worm from Apple World
- Rubber Band
- Krabby Patty (And Its Smaller Counterpart)
- French Fries
SpongeBob is outside his house when he receives his paper and takes the rubber band off the newspaper and places it halfway between his bodies. Patrick comes by and he has done the same thing with his body and they both leave to go to their houses. They both hear a little squeaking and they get upset with each other. Patrick and SpongeBob look on the ground and find a baby scallop and decide to raise it by themselves. Then the baby scallop begins to cry because he is hungry, and SpongeBob and Patrick Try to feed him with a krabby patty, a small version (Pipsqueak patty) a doughnut and french fries. all this fails. until the find a worm to feed him in an apple. the worm's last words were "WE WILL BURY YOU!!!!!!!" before he met his demise. afterward, Junior goes crazy and Patrick knows why. he then puts a diaper on him. They decide that they would be the mother and father of the baby clam. SpongeBob decides to be the mom while Patrick is the father. Patrick wanted to be the mother, but SpongeBob said that Patrick never wears a shirt. They then decide to start working on their parenting tasks.Patrick starts going to work and leaves SpongeBob at home with the baby clam, Junior. Everyday SpongeBob is working so hard vacuuming, holding Junior, ironing, and cooking. When Patrick comes home he says that he would help SpongeBob take care of Junior, but cannot do anything to help SpongeBob out around the house. Patrick said that he would come home early to come and help SpongeBob around the house. Instead of coming home early Patrick comes back at midnight and SpongeBob comes out in a nightgown and is upset with him.Patrick is upset with SpongeBob and they have a big argument until Patrick says he is going to go back to work. Patrick walked to his rock and turned on the TV. SpongeBob followed him and asked him if that is what he called his job, watching TV. Patrick said that it was very hard to do because sometimes his butt itches or he has to move the antenna. They start yelling at each other until they see that Junior was about to fall out of the window and they make up and try to save him. They are too late to save Junior, but Junior ends up flying because he was all grown up. Junior flies away and leaves off on his own life, and SpongeBob now realizes that he has helped a scallop, so Patrick decides to have another. (This is a joke!)
Despite the show's popularity, SpongeBob has endured controversy, though this is not new for Nickelodeon; many of its cartoons, including Ren and Stimpy, Rocko's Modern Life, The Angry Beavers, Invader Zim and The Fairly OddParents, have sparked controversy in one way or another. SpongeBob's popularity has made its controversy more noticeable and larger scale.
SpongeBob was relatively uncontroversial during the first two seasons and the beginning of the third season. SpongeBob and Patrick's close friendship in many episodes (including an episode where they hold hands) led some viewers to the conclusion that SpongeBob and Patrick were homosexual. In the 2002 episode "Rock-A-Bye-Bivalve", SpongeBob and Patrick adopt a baby scallop, furthering the rumor because of its implications that the two make major life decisions together as a monogamous couple would. SpongeBob sometimes wears cosmetics and dresses in women's clothing, often cited as evidence of his homosexuality. Independent of assumptions, the cartoon's acceptance and optimism have made it popular within parts of the real-life gay community. Steven Hillenburg stated in 2002 that SpongeBob is asexual.
- The episode title refers to the Rock-A-Bye Baby lullaby song.
- The title card music is Rock-A-Bye Baby on the Treetop.
- This episode's original title was Spongy Dearest before changes were made.
- SpongeBob tells Patrick that he never wore a shirt. This cannot be because Patrick was wearing a purple shirt at the Fry Cook Museum in Neptune's Spatula, a sweater in My Pretty Seahorse and a Valentine's Day shirt in Valentine's Day.
- SpongeBob is holding a puppet sponge for a few seconds in one scene, but when Patrick was finished putting a diaper on Junior, the puppet is gone.
- When Patrick's head is bitten up by the scallop, in the next shot his head is immediately perfect again.
- The first time SpongeBob is shown doing all the housework, he is ironing a shirt. However, the second time, he is not ironing anything.
- After the time card tomorrow for sure, you can see SpongeBob's tie is the color black. This also happened in the episode Plankton! when SpongeBob tried to put on his pants.
- SpongeBob is still cooking pancakes but breakfast is already finished.
- This is the only season three episode in the Tide and Seek DVD of SpongeBob SquarePants.
- When SpongeBob grits his teeth and shouts: Overtime, his teeth are suddenly straight and the gap between it was suddenly vanished.
- SpongeBob was wearing a dress but in the next scene when SpongeBob approaches Patrick, he is now wearing his pants.
- SpongeBob said nobody has ever turned down a Krabby Patty before, this is not true Squidward turned down a Krabby Patty in the episode Just One Bite.
- This is the first episode to have the most time cards, with five time cards, and they're all caused or said by Patrick. The second is Wet Painters.
- Where is Squidward's house at the scene of the large hill of diapers?
- When Patrick raises his armpit and says "Just call me daddy!", when you look closely, you can see an anchor tattoo on Patrick's shoulder.
- How can you put a rubber band around you? It's too small, and how can it halve you? Of course, SpongeBob and Patrick are weak.
- During the puppet part, how can you have a real life puppet? So, that's SpongeBob doing those funny faces! Puppets don't come to life.
- Rock-A-Bye Bivalve Video Retrieved on March 6, 2009.
|← Season 2 Season 3 Season 4 →|