MuscleBob BuffPants (Episode)
|Airdate:|| September 25, 1999
Denmark:4 november 2002
|Next Episode:||Squidward the Unfriendly Ghost|
|SpongeBob SquarePants||Tom Kenny|
MuscleBob BuffPants is an episode from Season 1.
- 5:00 AM: SpongeBob tries out Sandy's workout routine.
- Larry the Lobster
- Don the Whale
- Gary the Snail
- Tom (Bartender)
- Perch Perkins
- Other fish in Goo Lagoon
- Anchor Arms shark
- Squidward (cameo)
- Mr. Krabs (cameo)
- Frank (Muscular Goldfish)
SpongeBob realizes that he is not very strong (His weights are made of simble stuffed toys), and Sandy puts him an intense training regimen to help him become more muscular. SpongeBob cannot complete any of the exercises, however, so he gives up and runs back home in pain.
Later that day, he sees an advertisement for inflatable bicep-shaped balloons called Anchor Arms. He orders a set, puts them on and goes to Goo Lagoon. He then begins showing them off around Bikini Bottom, gaining many followers in the process. Sandy, seeing his new "muscles" (which are actually a balloon), decides that he should test them out in the upcoming anchor toss competition. SpongeBob tries to stop her from entering his name, but SpongeBob makes it just as he is signed in.
When it is SpongeBob's turn during the anchor toss, he overinflates the Anchor Arms while straining to toss the anchor, causing the air inside them to randomly blow to various parts of his body. Eventually, the Anchor Arms explode out of overstraining, and SpongeBob is disqualified for his fake muscles. A disappointed Sandy decides to put him on a new, simpler training regimen in which SpongeBob must repeatedly press buttons on a remote control. Even this, apparently, is difficult for him as his arm falls off (a running gag) and he is forced to ask Sandy to grab it for him.
- Running Gag: Every time SpongeBob attempts one of Sandy's exercises, his arms fall off.
- When SpongeBob hit the pole after Sandy finished entering SpongeBob into the anchor-tossing competition, he was wearing his pants. After that, he was back in his speedo.
- Sandy writes SpongeBob's first and last name as one word.
- If the fish live underwater where does the air come from? Perhaps maybe as humans use gas to water it is fish with air (Opposite methods)
- The ending scene in which Spongebob clicks through the TV channels 100 times is a reference to a 1990s TV-related phenomenon known as channel surfing, which is commonly associated with cable television.
|Season 1 Season 2 →|