From SpongePedia, the First SpongeBob Wiki.
"The Krusty Plate" is a Short Episode from Season 5
When SpongeBob misses a spot on a plate, Mr. Krabs keeps him there at the Krusty Krab until he gets the spot off. So SpongeBob tries every way he can to clean the spot off. But the spot would not come off. So SpongeBob produced a cleaning machine with a cleaning laser. SpongeBob fires at the plate too hard, and accidentally blows up the Krusty Krab. He got the spot on the plate off, but Mr.
Krabs is angry that he blew up the Krusty Krab. SpongeBob is then chased by the mad crab.
- This is the fourth episode to have the name Krusty in the title. The first was Krusty Love, the second was Krusty Krab Training Video,the third was The Krusty Sponge,and the fifth was Krusty Krushers.
- SpongeBob strapping the dirty plate down and describing the machine he will use on it is similar to Goldfinger, an old James Bond movie.
- When SpongeBob crossed the beams in this episode and it resulted in an explosion, it is a reference to the end of Ghostbusters.
- The same explosion appeared in Dying for Pie, only in this episode, it was faster.
- This episode was approximately 5 minutes.
- The title card music in this episode was from Idiot Box.
- SpongeBob should've died after that explosion because he caused it and he was in it. However, at the end of Dying for Pie, Squidward could be heard saying "Ow!" and seeing as how it is a cartoon, SpongeBob could've lived anyways.
- The spot on the plate grew after SpongeBob spitted on it and rubbed it clean.
Episode Transcript: The Krusty Plate