|Previous Episode:||Sleepy Time|
|Next Episode:||Valentine's Day|
"Suds" is an episode from Season 1
- Dr. Gill Gilliam
- Eugene Krabs
- Krusty Krab Customers
- News reporter
- Tom Kenny (Hands)
SpongeBob awakens hungry in the night. While preparing a midnight snack, he leaves the refrigerator open, causing his home to freeze. By morning he has developed the "suds", a sponge sickness similer to a cold or influenza. It is unknown if fish can get this sickness. SpongeBob refuses to admit to his illness, to avoid missing work, but finally relents to take rest. He calls upon Sandy to take him to the doctor, but is first visited by Patrick.
When Patrick convinces SpongeBob that doctors are harbingers of torture and outdated magazines, SpongeBob allows "Doctor" Patrick to practice on him. The inane treatments (such as making foot sandwiches and congesting his ostia with corks. When Sandy arrives she takes SpongeBob to a real doctor, who prescribes the "sponge treatment", which is performed by a live human hand named Hans. This involves being rinsed with soap and used to scrub various objects and people. The treatment cures SpongeBob completely, and he receives a lollypop. Jealous, Patrick requests the sponge treatment as well, but for impersonating a doctor he is instead punished adequately.
- It is actually illegal and against the law to impersonate a doctor like Patrick did, as Sandy suggests.
- The fridge was left open, freezing SpongeBob's entire pineapple house. However, this would actually heat the house, as the heat removed from the inside of the refrigerator is released out the back, along with the extra heat from the motor.
- The music we hear throughout the episode is Tchaikovsky's "Dance of The Sugar-Plum Fairy" from "The Nutcracker." The music is also heard in Christmas Who? when the wooden squids play their clarinets on Squidward's wooden clarinet.
- The man taking a shower during the live-action "sponge treatment" scenes is Tom Kenny.
- This is the first of three times the title card text is written in bubbles. The second is Bubble Buddy and third in Gary Takes a Bath.
- This is the first time SpongeBob's fingers are too big for the buttons on the telephone. The second time was in SpongeHenge.
|Season 1 Season 2 →|