|Nickname:||Pearly, Pearly Girl, Sweetie|
|Address:||Mr. Krabs and Pearl's House, Bikini Bottom, Pacific Ocean|
|Color:||Gray with blonde hair|
|Job(s):||Assistant at Grandma's Apron|
|Interests:||Math, working at the mall, going to school|
|First appearance:||"Squeaky Boots"|
Pearl Krabs is one of the main characters in the series. She is a whale who lives with her father, Mr. Krabs, in a hollow anchor. Pearl loves tea parties, boy bands, and trips to the mall. She is one of SpongeBob's good friends. When she grows up, her father wants her to continue the family business by inheriting the Krusty Krab and becoming its owner.
Pearl was one of the first five characters that series creator Stephen Hillenburg designed for the show. He was inspired to create a whale character while working at the Ocean Institute in California, where he tended to a whale skeleton exhibit and supervised whale watches.
The disparity in species between Pearl and Mr. Krabs has never been directly explained in an episode, but the official trivia book states that she takes after her unseen mother. Stephen Hillenburg, the series' creator, was strongly against revealing the identity of Pearl's mom.
Pearl has quite a few members of her family. Here is the known list.
- Aunt Sally
- 3 cousins
- unknown aunt (because in the episode Stanley S. Squarepants it reveals that Mr. Krabs has 3 nephews and in the episode Grandpappy the Pirate Grandpa Red Beard says To Mr. Krabs that he is his only grandson.
Aside from being gifted in math, Pearl's talents include cheerleading, playing the saxophone, and playing the piano. Pearl is usually upbeat, unlike her dad, who can be crabby at times. Episodes such as "Mid-Life Crustacean" contrast Pearl's demeanor with Mr. Krabs' bitterness due to his old age. In the episode, Pearl makes him a big breakfast of bran products and feeds him his daily pill. She does this all while smiling incessantly, but Mr. Krabs is sour the entire time, saying "I hate the pill!" and then asking Pearl if he is out of touch.
Pearl's favorite place to visit is the Bikini Bottom Mall. She is the opposite of her father when it comes to spending; Mr. Krabs wants to save every penny he earns and is very stingy, but Pearl loves to spend big amounts of cash on superfluous things. She was the one who introduced the mermaids from the Bikini Bottom Triangle to the mall. Pearl convinced them to join her on a shopping spree by describing the mall as "the most awesome place to get the best, super-coolish, glittershly fabulous new stuff you want!"
Pearl has gray skin and is very tall compared to the other characters. She has blonde hair that she ties in a ponytail with a pink scrunchie. There is a red heart shape on the bottom of her nose that turns into lips when she kisses. She has solid blue, oval-shaped eyes and six eyelashes on each eye. Pearl has five ventral pleats on her neck, usually drawn as five lines with the middle one longer than the rest. Usually, only four pleats are visible since she is normally seen from the side. Pearl is one of the few characters with one eye on each side of her head, meaning she has monocular vision.
As Pearl aged, she got bigger and bigger. In the following picture it shows Pearl at 3 stages: Baby, Child and Teen.
The far left image was Pearl as a baby. Pearl was small, with a big head and no lipstick whatsoever. Her body and physique was not shown in the image because cloth was wrapped around her. She had no hair at that time.
The next Middle image was Pearl as a child. Pearl was growing yellow hair and she wore a pink outfit. She had lipstick, her eyes were bigger and she was just small enough to ride a bike.
The image on the far right shows Pearl as a Teenager. Her looks were already explained earlier. She looks pretty much the same as the Child Pearl but more mature. In the Krusty Krab office, Mr. Krabs has lots of photos with Pearl before including Money Talks and Selling Out, even in Culture Shock. In The Algae's Always Greener, a fake photo with Plankton exists in the opposite world or parallel universe.
Pearl's first boyfriend Octavius Rex (a.k.a. Long, Tan and Handsome) ditches her in "The Chaperone". She eventually gets over him and goes to prom with SpongeBob. SpongeBob and Pearl are good friends (Pearl calls him a "great" one). They have been paired in potentially romantic situations (like going to prom and going on a love-themed ride together), and Pearl's friends call SpongeBob her "boyfriend," but the two are just friends.
- Until the ninth season, Pearl was the only sperm whale ever shown on the show.
- "Mall Girl Pearl" and "Whale Watching," two episodes that star Pearl, are SpongeBob's smallest roles in any episodes to date. SpongeBob only makes two cameos in each episode.
- Pearl appears without Mr. Krabs in the episodes "Tunnel of Glove," "Patnocchio," and "Goons on the Moon."
- Since Pearl is a whale, and mammals have lungs, she needs air to breathe. It is revealed in "Bubble Troubles" that she holds air in her nose to breathe when underwater.
- "One dollar? You hate me!"
- "You really shouldn't have!"
- "I'll never wash this flipper again."
- "I've got all this money, and I don't know what to do with it!"
- "As far as disasters go, that was really fun."
- "This dance is so last year!" - The SpongeBob Movie: Sponge Out of Water
- "Daddy, the house is full of burglars!"
- "Open up, it's time for the pill!"