Neptune's Spatula (Episode)
From SpongePedia, the First SpongeBob Wiki.
Revision as of 09:48, 30 January 2011 by TattleTaleStrangler
|Airdate:||1 April 2000|
|Previous Episode:||Fools in April|
|SpongeBob SquarePants||Tom Kenny|
|Patrick Star||Bill Fagerbakke|
|Mr. Krabs||Clancy Brown|
Neptune's Spatula is an episode from Season 1.
- King Neptune
- Larry the Lobster
- Ice-cream vendor (Lou)
- Everyone else at Fry Cook museum
- Mr. Krabs
- Audience at Poseidome
- Tom Kenny
- Sadie Rechid
- Old Lady
- Frank (Cameo Character)
PlotAt the fry cook museum, SpongeBob and Patrick are amazed by everything. They see a greasy griddle with a golden spatula embedded in the grease. On it is a plaque, which says "Many have tried to pull this spatula out of this ancient grease, but all have failed. Only a fry cook worthy of King Neptune himself can wield the Golden Spatula". While SpongeBob is posing for a picture with the spatula, an old lady asks him "Do you know where the menu section is?" SpongeBob replied "It's over that way." But when he was pointing to where the menu section was, he unexpectedly pulled the spatula out. Shortly afterwards, King Neptune appeared from a cloud of smoke. He asks who pulled out the spatula, and SpongeBob takes credit. Atlantis forever and become a god. If he loses, he has to give up fry-cooking forever. In the Poseidome, King Neptune makes 1000 burgers with his mighty magic, while SpongeBob only makes one very slowly (which included tucking two pickles into bed with a slice of cheese, and telling them a story). However, SpongeBob's tastes delicious while King Neptune's tastes terrible, so SpongeBob wins. But he does not want to leave his friends, so they arrange for King Neptune to be a trainee under SpongeBob at the Krusty Krab. Then it ended with King Neptune saying Yeah! that is only with love not magic!
- The Poseidome is taken from Poseidon, the Greek god of the sea. Neptune is the Roman god of the sea.
- The whole spatula in the "ancient grease" is a reference to the Arthurian legend of Excalibur, or the sword in the stone in which whoever pulls the sword from the stone would become the King of England. Also, the fact that it's called "ancient grease" can be seen as a play on Ancient Greece (The Ancient Roman god Neptune and his Greek counterpart, Poseidon, do not seem to be distinguished in this episode.)
- The man taking a shower is actually Tom Kenny.(SpongeBob's voice actor and additional voices). This scene is also seen in the episode Suds.
- This is Neptune's first appearance. His second was in the episode Party Pooper Pants in the Patchy segments as a real life person. His third appearance was in The SpongeBob SquarePants Movie, his fourth was in SpongeBob vs. The Patty Gadget, when he was mentioned very briefly. He also appeared in the video game Battle For Bikini Bottom along with the Poseidome. His next appearance was The Clash of Triton.
- When Patrick takes the picture of SpongeBob just before Neptune appeared, SpongeBob is standing casually. However when Patrick shows the picture to Neptune, SpongeBob is seen as he was when he pulled the spatula out of the grease.
- Patrick wore the same outfit in the SpongeBob game Employee of the Month.
- In this episode, the Krusty Krab kitchen's walls are blue, but when SpongeBob said, "What did I tell you about using your powers, trainee?" the walls are green, a normal color.
|Season 1 Season 2 →|