Mimic Madness (Episode)
|Airdate:||February 25, 2017|
|Previous Episode:||Code Yellow|
|Next Episode:||House Worming|
|SpongeBob SquarePants||Tom Kenny|
|Patrick Star||Bill Fagerbakke|
|Squidward Tentacles||Rodger Bumpass|
|Sandy Cheeks||Carolyn Lawrence|
|Eugene H. Krabs||Clancy Brown|
|Sheldon J. Plankton||Doug Lawrence|
Mimic Madness is an episode from Season 10.
SpongeBob decides to mimic/imitate people for business, and also because he heard that "imitation plus flattery equals happy people." He first imitates a father yelling at his kids. The father and the kids become impressed with SpongeBob's mimicry. SpongeBob them imitates Squidward, who also likes his imitation. He then imitates Patrick, who thinks he's looking at his real self. SpongeBob then imitates Sandy and Plankton, while they were playing a game of checkers. Sandy admires the imitation, but Plankton says that "The voice is all wrong." He also imitates the French Narrator by saying "80 000 Imitations Later..." in his voice. After a while, it starts to get annoying. People persuade him to stop, but he gets a thing called "mocking mimicry madness" and ends up forgetting who he truly is. SpongeBob's friends, including Plankton, attempt to help, but they make it worse as SpongeBob happens to mimic all of them at once. He then sadly leaves town and goes to live in a cave in regrets of not remembering himself. His friends find him and end up mimicking him in order to bring back SpongeBob. It ends up working, but the others get the mocking mimicry madness and end up like SpongeBob.
- Vincent Waller has stated this was one of his personal favorite episodes, and even recommended to watch it.
- This episode's title card is similar to the title card for "Culture Shock," only this one is brighter.
- The title card is also similar to the title card for "A Pal for Gary."
- In the original storyboard, Karen comes out of the Chum Bucket and laughs at SpongeBob's impression of Plankton. She is not in the final cut.
- This episode and "House Worming" are the first Season 10 episodes to premiere in 2017.
- This episode possibly takes place before "Gone" because when SpongeBob mimics his friends, he gets Mocking Mimicry Madness.
- However, it's more likely that SpongeBob doesn't get Mocking Mimicry Madness in "Gone" because in that episode he simply imitates his friends based on what he remembers about them, rather than actually imitating everything they do in front of him.
- When SpongeBob tells Mr. Krabs to "bring it around town.", he is referencing the bubble blowing technique in "Bubblestand."
- This is Plankton's first appearance (airing-wise) in Season 10, while the other main characters all appear in "Whirly Brains."
- It is unknown where SpongeBob got his helmet from to imitate Sandy.
- This is the only time so far where French Narrator talks to SpongeBob. As such, the fourth wall is broken here.
- This episode marks the first song to be sung by SpongeBob in Season 10.
- In this episode, Patrick eats food from the garbage in front of The Krusty Krab. Usually, he eats food from the garbage in the back of The Krusty Krab.
- March 13, 2017 (Russia)
- March 15, 2017 (Israel)
- March 16, 2017 (Turkey)
- March 31, 2017 (Netherlands)
- April 4, 2017 (Greece)
- April 15, 2017 (France)
- April 30, 2017 (Poland)
- May 7, 2017 (Canada)
- July 6, 2017 (Germany)
- October 3, 2017 (United Kingdom)
|← Season 9 Season 10 Season 11 →|