Mermaid Man and Barnacle Boy III (Episode)
|Mermaid Man and Barnacle Boy III|
|Previous Episode:||I’m Your Biggest Fanatic|
|Next Episode:||Squirrel Jokes|
"Mermaid Man and Barnacle Boy III" is a SpongeBob SquarePants episode from season two. It premiered on November 27, 2000.
Time cards shown
- Tickle Belt - As Seen In Episode #17 (Not really a time card)
- SpongeBob SquarePants (ManSponge SootBob SquareDust)
- Patrick Star (Boy Patrick, Patrick StarDust)
- Mermaid Man
- Barnacle Boy
- Fish in bank
Mermaid Man and Barnacle Boy are going on vacation, and they ask SpongeBob and Patrick to look after the Mermalair. They want to play with the super-gadgets, but are told that they can't. They're wandering around when they find ManRay (a villain) stuck in a prison of frozen tartar sauce. Patrick unleashes him, and they try to teach him how to be good. He has a Tickle Belt (as seen in Mermaidman & Barnacleboy Episode 17!), a device that tickles the owner when a button is pressed. He pretends he is good, in order to get the belt off. Goodness Lesson # 1 - "You see someone drop his wallet. What do you do?" ManRay acts polite, and hands the wallet to Patrick, but he says it's not his wallet. After a few moments, Man Ray gets angry with Patrick, and threatens to rip his arms off if he doesn't take the wallet. As a result, SpongeBob is forced to tickle him. Goodness Lesson # 2 - "You see someone struggling with a heavy package. What do you do?" Man Ray offers help, but Patrick drops the box on Man Ray's foot, hurting him. After dropping the box repeatedly, Man Ray asks Patrick what's in the box. Patrick answers "my wallets", and Man Ray starts beating Patrick up. SpongeBob tickles him, but Man Ray still continues to beat him up. Manray claims the tickle punishment is worth it (as a tradeoff to hurt Patrick). Goodness Lesson # 3 - SpongeBob is about to say something when Patrick, angry, with bandages, a head injury and on a wheelchair, takes control of the lesson and says, "I'm thinking of a number between 1 and 100. What is it?" Man Ray answers 62. Patrick says it's wrong and tickles Man Ray. SpongeBob and Patrick fight for the remote, and it breaks, so Man Ray is doomed to laugh for eternity unless someone removes the belt. Man Ray says please while telling them to remove it, so they do. Man Ray steals the Aqua Glove and the Squid Ink Bomb and turns SpongeBob and Patrick into dust. SpongeBob and Patrick change into Mermaid Man and Barnacle Boy outfits, making them "ManSponge" and "Boy Patrick" again, respectively. They catch up with Man Ray and turn on the Orb of Confusion (An orb which if turned on, makes every living creature within a certain radius semi-conscious and confused. The radius can be seen because the water surrounding it becomes distorted) to confuse Man Ray, but they are the ones who get confused. Man Ray tries to rob a bank, but he can still feel the belt's tickle even though he isn't wearing it. He decides to open an account instead. Man Ray passes the place where SpongeBob and Patrick are. He turns the orb off and gives SpongeBob his evil head. However, Patrick is still confused...
- (Patrick happens to spot the frozen Man Ray; he begins to stutter and shake in fear)
- Patrick: MUH-MUH-MUH-MA-MUH-MUH-MA-MUH-MA!
- SpongeBob: What is it, trusted sidekick?
- Patrick: MUH-MUH-MUH-MA-MUH-MUH-MA-MUH-MA! MUH-MUH-MUH-MA-MUH-MUH-MA-MUH-MA!
(SpongeBob finally sees Man Ray; he grabs onto Patrick in fear and joins in shuttering and shaking)
- Both: MUH-MUH-MUH-MA-MUH-MUH-MA-MUH-MA! MUH-MUH-MUH-MA-MUH-MUH-MA-MUH-MA!
(Close up of Man Ray)
- Both: MAN RAY! AHHHH!
- (They hide behind a wall. Then they notice that Man Ray doesn't react.)
- Patrick: Hey SpongeBob, how come he's not chasing us?
- SpongeBob: Looks like he's frozen or something.
- Patrick: (shuddering once again) F-F-F-F-F-F-F-F-F!
- SpongeBob:It appears to be a frozen prision chamber(As he licks the chamber) made out of frozen tartar sauce.
- In the storyboard,
- The dust form of SpongeBob did not grow arms.
- Patrick says "F-f-f-f-f-f-f-f-f" twice.
- This is the first episode of Mermaid Man & Barnicleboy mini-series in which does not revolve around Mermaid Man & Barnicle Boy. They only appear in the first two minutes of the episode and then disappear throughout the rest.
- The dust form of SpongeBob's and Patrick's movement are like slugs.
- This is the first appearance of Man Ray.
- Man Ray is good after the urge to do bad is gone in this episode, but he returns to being evil in the episode Mermaid Man and Barnacle Boy V.
- This show had to happen before Mermaid Man and Barnacle Boy IV or it could not have happened.
- The last caption in this episode disappears before SpongeBob could even finish it.
- Strangely, Man Ray was not affected by the Orb of Confusion(or it could make the dumb dummber).
- Man Ray's name is a possible parody of the mysterious,ghostlike, Manta Rays.
- When Patrick stutters for the first time, he was supposed to say "Manta Ray!".
- Man Ray was the name of the famous 20th century avant-guarde photographer
|← Season 1 Season 2 Season 3 →|