Home Sweet Pineapple (Episode)
|Home Sweet Pineapple|
|Airdate:||August 14, 1999|
|Previous Episode:||Pizza Delivery|
|Next Episode:||Mermaid Man and Barnacle Boy|
|SpongeBob SquarePants||Tom Kenny|
|Patrick Star||Bill Fagerbakke|
Home Sweet Pineapple is an episode from Season 1.
- Father SquarePants (debut)
- Mother SquarePants (debut)
At night-time, a crowd of nematodes are hungry. They plow through a variety of items, even devouring the boat of a fish named Fred while Fred is still driving it. Then they decide that they are thirsty, so they drink the juice out of SpongeBob's pineapple house. This causes it to shrink until it becomes nothing. SpongeBob and Gary now have to get a new home. At first, SpongeBob and Patrick try to build a new house, but they build a very small one. Then SpongeBob shares Patrick's rock, but Patrick's stupidity and horrible luck causes him to go to Squidward. Squidward accepts (only because he's semi-conscious), and when he realizes what he's done, he kicks them out. The next day, SpongeBob and Gary pack their bags, ready to go back to Mom and Dad's house. He finds a small pebble (the only thing left when the nematodes ate/drank his house) in his pocket, and buries it where his house used to be. He sheds a tear on it, and he walks away. This pebble is actually a seed, and his tear causes his house to grow back. The house is placed back where it was, on top of dancing Squidward.
- SpongeBob said there was nothing left but a pebble (and Gary), yet he is shown with some bags when his parents pick him up.
- When SpongeBob says to Gary "Well, looks we have to move back in with Mom and Pop"; this indicates that SpongeBob had owned Gary before he moved out of his parent's house.
- When SpongeBob is in his parents' car he says "Good-bye Bikini Bottom!" This indicates that SpongeBob's parents don't live in Bikini Bottom. This is further suggested when Squidward ran out of his house after he woke up and SpongeBob's parents mention they have dinner waiting, even though it's morning, likely meaning that Mr. and Mrs. SquarePants' home is many hours away.
- The Season 8 episode Home Sweet Rubble has a simalar title and plot.
- In Home Sweet Rubble, SpongeBob got his house back using Pineapple-in-a-Can. But in this episode, it came back with a seed.
- The house's circumference is smaller, and Gary and SpongeBob are about the same size. After the scene when SpongeBob and Gary learn that the house is shrinking, their size ratios are back to normal.
- When SpongeBob turns the wrench (the close-up picture of him before it shows Patrick falling and the picture tilts), SpongeBob’s shirt turns dark brown and the black stripes for his belt disappear.
|Season 1 Season 2 →|