From SpongePedia, the First SpongeBob Wiki.
"Ditchin'" is an episode from Season 6.
Mermaid Man and Barnacle Boy are having a book signing, but SpongeBob can't go because he has boating school. After some convincing, Patrick finally gets SpongeBob to take a bathroom break from class - (a really long one) - so they can go to the signing. But the day turns sour when SpongeBob becomes racked with guilt about ditching class.
- Sadie Rechid appears as two different people in this episode. Although they have different voices, they look the same. First, she is the ice cream lady. Later, she is seen hugging Harold at the Bikini Bottom Hug Fest.
- The 9th Mermaid Man & Barnacle Boy episode.
- Third appearance of the Near Mint Comic Books store. The first was in Sing a Song of Patrick. The second was The Card
- SpongeBob's favorite drink is Bubbly Water.
- Sandy's good at Badminton and was undefeated before being beaten by SpongeBob and Patrick.
- Fourth time Mrs. Puff goes to Prison. The first time was in Hall Monitor. The second time was in No Free Rides. The third time was in Doing Time.
- One of SpongeBob's near-death Times is shown in this episode.
- Barnacle Boy's voice sounds different in this episode.
- SpongeBob or Dale can just write a fake note about being sick to avoid being arrested or feel guilty.
- Lying about it would make you still feel guilty, so the above goof is false.
- How can people get arrested for eating gummies that look like their own kind? Also, if it would get someone arrested, why would they sell them?
- The scene where Dale gets arrested for eating GummiFish is a possible reference to the 1973 movie, Soylent Green
- Last of the 2008 episodes. The next episode Shuffleboarding airs in 2009.
- Someone else could probably run the ice cream stand and not know SpongeBob can have free ice cream.
- Second time more than one of Squidward's kind appear (excluding the ones with Squilliam in)
- Sandy only had a few lines in this episode
- As Spongebob is sinking into the tar, he says that he'll never forget the last words Mrs. Puff said to him. Then a flashback of Mrs. Puff is shown and she says "Make sure you return that bathroom key to my desk or your in big trouble, mister!" However, the last words Mrs. Puff said to Spongebob were "And hurry back. No dillydallying."
- SpongeBob shouldn't have won badminton because it keeps hitting his racket without him hitting it. So how does it get to the other side? When it hits his racket, it should fall on his side!
- Mermaid Man and Barnacle Boy do not know who SpongeBob is in this episode.
- How are there tar pits underwater?
- By looking at the inside of the comic book, could Mermaid Man and Barnacle Boy be brothers?
- This is the third appearence of the Friendly Jellyfish Pack.The first two were in I'm Your Biggest Fanatic and Jellyfish Hunter
- Sandy's helmet has a disc with a hole for her head at the bottom, not soon in other episodes.
Transcript for Ditchin'