Bulletin Board (Episode)
|Airdate:||October 1, 2016|
|Previous Episode:||Sandy's Nutmare|
|Next Episode:||Food Con Castaways|
|SpongeBob SquarePants||Tom Kenny|
|Patrick Star||Bill Fagerbakke|
|Squidward Tentacles||Rodger Bumpass|
|Mr. Krabs||Clancy Brown|
|Pearl Krabs||Lori Alan|
Bulletin Board is an episode from Season 9.
Mr. Krabs is talking to an elderly customer about the service at the Krusty Krab while she is knitting a scarf. She says that it was great, but has to go so she didn't have time to tell anyone about it, making Mr. Krabs mad. SpongeBob overhearing the discussion gets an idea attempting him to grab Mr. Krabs' court board and puts it up. Mr. Krabs, realizing what SpongeBob did, asks him what he's doing with his cork board. SpongeBob says that they can use it as a bulletin board. It becomes very popular with reviews leading to more money until SpongeBob sees a message that reads, "When I eat at the Krusty Krab, all I get is a dark, empty feeling inside!" and at the bottom it says "P-Star7." SpongeBob is very surprised to see this so he tells Mr. Krabs who is even more shocked and tries to take it down. As he is about to remove the board, a surfer fish goes up to him and tells him he can't do it. SpongeBob agrees still believing in the bulletin board's power so they agree they can't take it down. Then Patrick walks in and tells everyone he is P-Star7 but nobody believes him. Slowly but surely he puts up another note. SpongeBob, seeing the note, tries to write an apology note. After hours of SpongeBob cooking the perfect Patties, P-Star7 finally responds with another mean note saying that the Krabby Patties taste like old baseball gloves. Squidward, hearing these notes, bursts in laughter.
P-Star7 continues writing anonymous notes, saying more hurtful things including Pearl's drawings being terrible, Sandals smelling bad, a fish's eye being too big, Bubble Bass not being able to chew with his mouth closed, and that Squidward shouldn't be able to stand behind a cash register. These notes make SpongeBob, Squidward, and Mr. Krabs angry, so they wait in the Krusty Krab for P-Star7 to show up and write another one of his mean notes. After not very long of waiting, a shadow enters the Krusty Krab, which causes SpongeBob to turn on the light right away until they see it was Patrick. He giggles while putting up another note which makes Mr. Krabs mad, causing him to get rid of all the notes in the entire Krusty Krab. SpongeBob goes up to Patrick and asks why he was P-Star7. Patrick explains that he was going to reveal himself in his last note since he was upset that people were taking his notes the wrong way. SpongeBob understands as well as Squidward, but Mr. Krabs on the other hand, is still angry until he sees a knitting circle class. He then forces SpongeBob, Squidward, and Patrick to come along with him. The teacher ends up being the grandma and everyone thinks she is great except Squidward who wants Patrick to go back to being P-Star7.
- This episode premiered in Canada on August 12, 2016, almost two months before it premiered in the USA.
- This was the final episode to be written by Jack Pendarvis.
- This episode is Bubble Bass' second biggest appearance in the series with the biggest being "Pickles."
- This is the first appearance of Shady Shoals Rest Home in Season 9.
- Twitch makes his third appearance and his first since "Treats!" in Season 8.
- This episode is a spoof of online bullying/cyberbullying from chat rooms. Instead of social media, P.Star7 uses the Bulletin Board to pick on everyone.
- It is revealed that Squidward has a flower tattoo on his arm.
- There's a gag in the episode where Patrick tries to eat his hand and puts salt on it. This is exactly what his distant ancestor did in "Ugh."
- The letters on the title card represent different colored post-it notes.
- There is a flyer on the bulletin board that has a picture of Old Man Jenkins and a note that reads "Lost?" This could mean that he is missing.
- This is the second appearance of Shady Shoals Rest Home without Mermaid Man and Barnacle Boy; the first was in "Doing Time." This would also happen again in "Whirly Brains."
- August 12, 2016 (Canada)
- October 25, 2016 (Latin America)
- November 6, 2016 (Russia)
- November 29, 2016 (Germany & Poland)
- December 10, 2016 (France)
- December 12, 2016 (Iberia)
- December 28, 2016 (Greece)
- April 4, 2017 (United Kingdom)
|← Season 8 Season 9 →Season 10|