Best Frenemies (Episode)
|Previous Episode:||Born To Be Wild|
|Next Episode:||The Pink Purloiner|
"Best Frenemies" is an episode from Season 4.
The episode starts as a normal day at the Krusty Krab. Mr. Krabs goes to talk to Squidward when he sees everyone is drinking a shake, including SpongeBob. He tells Mr. Krabs about the drink called the "Kelpshake." So Mr. Krabs starts worrying about his restaurant and goes to see what mood Plankton is in. He does not know what is going on because he was sunbathing. Then the two starts worrying and they notice Kelp statements are everywhere so they both try to steal a Kelp Shake and discover what it made of. They go to a Kelpshake and they form a queue. Mr. Krabs pretends to cough and throws Plankton to the kitchen but he crashes on a door. That night they both try to enter but an alarm wakes up a guard worm that attacks them.
The next day the both of them buy a KelpShake and go to the Chum Bucket to analyze what it is made. Karen starts analyzing, but Plankton gets impatient and interrupts the progress of the analyzer. Then, Plankton and Mr. Krabs try drinking the kelpshake. That midday, SpongeBob appears covered by light green kelp. Then all Kelp restaurants are closed because of being unhealthy. Two Decontaminants revealed that it will take decades to get rid of the unhealthy toxic waste and they are sorry for whoever drank this. Then Mr. Krabs and Plankton gets light green hairy kelp all over their bodies.
- This is the first time Mr. Krabs has interacted with Karen. He interacts with her again in Friend or Foe?.
- The KelpShake buildings divide and look like bacteria and seem "contagious".
- The expression "frenemies" is inspired by Elizabeth Everitt's term of her crush Bailey Valint and her acquaintance Shane Griffin. She is a friend of the creator's daughter.
- Plankton's first plan in this episode pariodied the Class of 3000 episode "Ow, my eye!"
- At the end, it parodies the Class of 3000 episode "Am I Blue?"
- This episode was originally going to be entitled "KelpShakes".
- This is the fourth episode where SpongeBob isn't a main character. The first 3 were SB-129, Plankton's Army, and New Leaf and it happens later on in Rise and Shine
- The rapid expanding of the KelpShake franchise parodies the real life franchise Starbucks' Coffee.
- This the second time Bikini Bottom citizens or fish ever said dog, the first one was in Patty Hype, when there was a talking dog in the Shell Shack. Plankton said "Krabs, keep it down, you'll soil our plan if you wake the watchdog." Usually it's a worm instead, another dog was seen in Plankton! It was his lab, this was the only episode to have a real dog in it.
- The sentence Mr. Krabs said (Kelpshake, kelpshake. Oh how I love a kelpshake.) is similar to the quote (Tuesday, Tuesday. Oh I love a Tuesday...) in the show South Park in the episode Cartman Gets An Anal Probe and Cancelled.
- The Title Card music is actually a piece of backround music from the episodes Clams & Krabs vs. Plankton.
- The "watch dog" (really, a worm) looks like the same worm in The Lost Mattress, BlackJack's pet worm, and the police worms in Slide Whistle Stooges.
- When Mr. Krabs first saw the Kelpshake restaurant, it was in the exact place where the Chum Bucket should have been!
- The word frenemies is used in Fairly odd parents in an episode called frenemy mine
|← Season 3 Season 4 Season 5 →|