20,000 Patties Under the Sea (Episode)
|20,000 Patties Under the Sea|
|Previous Episode:||Pest of the West|
|Next Episode:||The Battle of Bikini Bottom|
"20,000 Patties Under the Sea" is an episode from Season 5.
- Sea Monster
- Mr. Krabs
- Jack M. Crazyfish
- Con Man
SpongeBob and Patrick find a submarine while playing and Mr. Krabs tells them to turn the submarine into a mobile Krusty Krab. Soon, Plankton is jealous and he starts his own mobile restaurant submarine too using the bucket-holding hand part of the Chum Bucket. The three fall into a valley where a sea monster that slept for 79 years has been. Soon, the sea monster gets hungry and SpongeBob decides to feed him. The sea monster buys 640 Krabby Patties, but Plankton drops Chum Charges on them. The Chum Charges explode and they blow holes in the submarine. Plankton, distracted with sinking the Krusty Krab, crashes into the cliff, and he floats down with a parachute to SpongeBob's submarine. A piece of chum goes through the holes, and it lands on a pair of buns. The sea monster tries the new "Chum-wich", and he likes it. Then, more chum starts to go through the holes, and SpongeBob and Patrick cook more Chum-wiches. After his meal, the sea monster complains that he wants dessert.
Soon, Plankton yells and tells the monster that SpongeBob stole his restaurant idea. Plankton then keeps jumping on the telescope of the submarine, and it breaks. Plankton rolls on the muddy cliff, and in front of the monster. The sea monster thinks that Plankton is a chocolate éclair now and Plankton tries to run away from him. Soon, SpongeBob and Patrick return to the Krusty Krab. However, when Mr. Krabs asks for the money, it is revealed that SpongeBob dumped the bills at the bottom of the abyss, because they had to lighten the load. However, they managed to return with 37,000 pounds of colorful rocks.
- In the very beginning of this episode, when there is a group of jellyfish in the sky, and one of the jellyfish swims away, that is the exact same as in the beginning of the episode Jellyfishing.
- In the beginning of the episode, Patrick says "Ringo" the name of the Beatles' drummer. Also, SpongeBob says to Patrick "we can work this out", a parody of The Beatles song We Can Work It Out .
- Gene Simmons, lead singer of the rock band Kiss, guest voices as the Sea Monster.
- Shannon Tweed also guest voices as the mom fish.
- The episode's title is a parody of Jules Vernes' book, 20,000 Leagues Under the Sea.
- While SpongeBob and Patrick were Jellyfishing they were talking through walkie talkies. Through that walkie talkie, Patrick mentioned names that begin with the letter R as he was struggling to say Roger (Robert, Ronald, Ryan) and he also mentioned Ringo, he may be referring to Richard Starkey (a.k.a Ringo Starr) of The Beatles.
- Jack M. Crazyfish can be seen in this episode as one of the customers.
- The Sea Monster said he had been asleep for 79 years and his last meal was 79 years ago. But he also mention about him eating a sewer spill back in '76, which is only 32 years ago. So his last meal cannot be 79 years ago, unless he was referring to a different '76 (a.k.a. 1876, 1776, 1676, etc.) or in this case, the episode does not take place in 2007. And it takes place 79 years from 1976, which is 2055.
- The submarine should not have fallen into the valley as it floats and could have flown over it.
- In the submarine, when Plankton dropped the Chum Charges on SpongeBob and Patrick, water was pouring into the submarine. But they were underwater in the first place, and there was already water in the submarine.
- In Fear of a Krabby Patty, SpongeBob gets really tired when he is ordered to make 10,000 patties and his brain is sick. In this episode, he cooks 20,000 patties and he still seems fine (but in Fear of a Krabby Patty, SpongeBob had no breaks, meaning he might have had breaks in the episode that we did not see).
- At the end of the episode, SpongeBob mentions that he had to let go of the money because it was too heavy, so they brought back rocks; however rocks weigh more than money. So how would SpongeBob and Patrick manage to get the rocks back if rocks weigh more than money?
- At the beginning, Squidward is catching a few rays by his house. However, in the next scene, Squidward is at the Krusty Krab.
- When Patrick hears the alarm, it sounds real but it's SpongeBob making that sound, but it sounded like a real alarm, so how did the sound change?
- Although not seen, there are 3 possibilities why and where the money the Sea Monster gave SpongeBob and Patrick ended up:
- 1.Judging from the amount and size of the dollar notes, it was possible there wasn't much space for SpongeBob and Patrick and the stove and chum-burgers in the submarine. However, this is a bit impossible as it was not seen when SpongeBob and Patrick were about to leave.
- 2.Because the dollar notes were much too big and unusual to be worth real cash, SpongeBob and Patrick possibly dumped them and brought back the beautiful and possibly precious and decorative deep sea rocks as they can sell the rocks for a lot of money.
- 3.SpongeBob and Patrick possibly gave the money to Plankton, because he was the one who deserved the money, as he was the one who made the Chum. This is a hint that they show conscience to everyone, even villains. However, this is somehow impossible, as Plankton was still seen broke in later episodes.
- When SpongeBob is telling Patrick what an abyss is, his hat is on backwards.
- When the group of fish are throwing rocks at Plankton, when the scene cuts to Spongebob and Patrick, then back again, Jack M. Crazyfish magically appears.
|← Season 4 Season 5 Season 6 →|